McIntosh Expands Custom Installation Offering with MI1250 Power Amplifier
Mcintosh is proud to present the MI1250 12 Channel Power Amplifier.
The versatile 12-channel McIntosh MI1250 amplifier can distribute pristine music playback to multiple rooms in a house. It delivers 50 watts into 8 ohm speakers or 90 watts into 4 ohm speakers via highly sophisticated closed-loop digital switching amplifiers paired with extremely rugged power supplies to produce levels of performance rarely seen in the world. distributed audio.
The MI1250 has easy-to-install physical dimensions and can be 2U rack-mounted via the included mounting ears (the mounting ears are removable for non-rack installations). As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain rated operating temperature.
On the front panel, multi-colored LED indicators display the status of each channel. On the back are unbalanced inputs as well as 2 pole Phoenix style pluggable speaker terminals for each channel. Also located on the rear are volume controls for volume balancing, as well as 2 digital audio inputs (coaxial or optical) which can be bus connected, and channel summing circuitry for easy distribution of the mono signal. .
Other features included on the MI1250 are:
- Power Guard signal overload technology that prevents overloading of speakers.
- Sentinel Monitor Short circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before the current exceeds safe operating levels, then automatically resets when operating conditions return to normal.
- BUS input and outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and / or multiple amplifiers.
- Individual channel inputs.
- 12 volt trigger capabilities to automatically turn on and off other connected McIntosh components.
- Ecological on / off signal detection which turns the device off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amplifier on when it detects a signal.
The MI1250 includes many McIntosh design cues, including a black glass front panel housing an illuminated McIntosh logo, as well as a familiar form factor highlighted by silver trim. Contact a local McIntosh reseller to learn more about integrating the MI1250 into a custom whole home audio installation.
Pricing and availability
Orders for the MI1250 can now be placed through authorized McIntosh resellers and shipping is expected to begin in late October or early November 2021 to the United States and Canada, and to the rest of the world shortly thereafter.
Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to the standards in force in each country excluded): $ 4,000.